For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the controller of your data is Catapult Enterprises Ltd (“Catapult”), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07057804 whose registered office is at The Royle Studios, 41 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7SG. Propercorn is the trading name of Catapult.
All your data will be held and used in accordance with the GDPR and any relevant national laws which implement the GDPR and any legislation that replaces it in whole or in part.
WHAT WE COLLECT and how we use it
We may collect data about you from the following sources:
1) Information you provide us with
You may provide us with certain personal information while using our website. If you place an order for our products, or send us an enquiry using the email address provided, our website may collect your name and appropriate contact information, including your email address, delivery address, preferences and interests. Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers may also be requested from you.
We will use this information to carry out our obligations under the transaction entered into between you and us, namely to provide you with the information and/or products that you request from us. From time to time we may send you emails relating to transactions you have entered into with us, for example, confirming when you place an order.
Unless you enter into a transaction with us, we will only collect your email address and contact preferences, if you choose to provide these data, and no other data.
If we have your permission, we may also send you emails to provide information about our other products and services which we think may also be of interest to you. You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email. We may also contact you through other means to provide the same information.
2) Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
o technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
o information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.We use such information internally to administer and improve our site, including to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, and research exercises. Such operations allow us to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and that our site is safe and secure.
3) Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you from certain third parties we operate in conjunction with (such as sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, and search information providers). For example, if you place an order on our website the payment will be processed by Stripe (https://stripe.com/). We are able to see the customer name, address and credit card expiry date collected by Stripe, but we don’t use this information for any other purpose.
In accordance with the GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process your information are as follows:
- Necessary for entering into or performing a contract. In order to perform obligations which arise under any contract we have entered into with you, it will be necessary for us to process your information.
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. We are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your information. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your information to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency.
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests. We will need to process your information for the purposes of our legitimate interests, provided that we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms (including your right to have your information protected). Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you, optimising our website and user experience, informing you about our services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner.
Consent. In some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your information in a particular way.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Catapult or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Catapult, our customers, or others.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will never store your credit/debit card information on our website. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology via GEOTrust and will be transferred and processed by WorldPay. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Where we Store your Personal Data
To the extent that any of your data is provided to third parties outside the EEA, or accessed by third parties from outside the EEA, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place in accordance with the GDPR (such as the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses, or the EU/US Privacy Shield).
How Long we Hold your Information
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. The criteria that we use to determine retention periods will be determined by the nature of the data and the purposes for which it is kept, the sensitivity of the data and the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure.
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below. Please note we will require evidence of your identity before we are able to respond to your request.
- Right of access. You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your personal information, or certain elements of the request. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so.
- Right of correction or completion. If personal information we hold about you is not accurate or is out of date and requires amendment or correction you have a right to have the data rectified or completed.
- Right of erasure. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
- Right to object to or restrict processing. In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information. For example, if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests. You may also have the right to restrict our use of your personal information, such as in circumstances where you have challenged the accuracy of the information and during the period where we are verifying its accuracy.
- Right of data portability. In certain instances, you have a right to receive any personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. In such circumstances, you can ask us to transmit that information to you or directly to a third party organisation. While we are happy for such requests to be made, we are not able to guarantee technical compatibility with a third party organisation’s systems. We are also unable to comply with requests that relate to personal information of others without their consent.
- Right to withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- ensure that functionality operates as intended
- remember your choices and preferences during and between visits
- allow you to share pages via social network widgets like Facebook, Twitter and AddThis
- allow you to interact with our website by leaving comments or opinions
- post enquiries via our Anti-Spam enquiry form
- track your visit for statistical analysis, allowing us to improve the usability, speed and security of our website
- collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass data to advertising networks
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- pay sales commissions
Social Network Sharing
We encourage users to share our content and/or like our profile on the popular Social Media websites Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn. In order to make ‘Social Sharing’ accessible, our website utilises widgets either provided directly from the Social Networks and/or via amalgamative widgets from third parties such as AddThis. Cookies and privacy implications from the social networks vary and will be dependent on your nominated privacy settings with each Social Network. Social Sharing buttons will only deploy cookies if you are signed to that respective Social Network at the time of being on our website.
Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and compile anonymous visitor statistics. The information collected ranges from simple traffic volume to the type of browser you are viewing our website with. This information is valuable to us not just for marketing analysis and quantification, but to improve the usability, security and load speed of our website content. Google Analytics is a popular, secure, flagship webmaster product from Google. The privacy and security of Google Analytics data is a high priority at Google that you can read more about on Google’s Analytics Data Safeguarding page. Google also offer a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on that will allow you to automatically Opt-out of all websites that track your activity via Google Analytics. No personal information is collected by Google Analytics.
Cookie Consent Check
As mentioned above, upon your first visit our website displays a banner at the top of the page alerting you about cookies being deployed by our website. In order for our website to remember your choice of opting-in, we store an anonymous cookie to remove the alert banner for 28 days. To prevent this cookie being stored, simply do not accept and close the alert. If you have already accepted the alert and you wish to remove the cookie, please clear your cookies within your browser settings.
Our website, either in full or in part, is built on the popular open-source CMS framework – WordPress. WordPress utilises cookies to allow visitors to register, login and comment on our website’s content. If you do not wish to participate in commenting on our website, WordPress will not deploy any cookies onto your device. Cookies will only be created by WordPress if you actively register or comment via the clear forms on our website.
Visitors can choose to contact us via enquiry form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with a ‘CAPTCHA’ challenge to ensure the submission is from a living person, rather than a computer bot. This CAPTCHA challenge creates a cookie that is used only to check the input response from the user is correct. The CAPTCHA cookie does not store any other information from your enquiry.
Our website may have our Google Maps/Places profile embedded within an iframe. Google Maps creates cookies that enable the functionality of their powerful mapping software. No personal information is stored or shared on the cookies deployed by Google Maps/Places
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the details in the Contact section below.
If you are unhappy about our use of your information, you can contact us using the details in the Contact section below. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office using any of the below contact methods:
Telephone: 0303 123 11113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office
If you live or work outside of the UK or you have a complaint concerning our activities outside of the UK, you may prefer to lodge a complaint with a different supervisory authority. A list of relevant authorities in the EEA can be accessed here.
If you have raised a question, comment, request, or complaint with us, we may contact you in response.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Cookies deployed by our website:
Cookies are not deployed to:
Your consent for cookie deployment by our website.
Actual cookies deployed
Below is a table of information which lists all cookies deployed and used on our website.
|Cookie Category||Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|_utma||A Google Analytics cookie, which keeps track of the number of times, a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.|
|_utmb||A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor enters a site.|
|_utmc||A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor leaves the site.|
|_utmv||Used for reporting in Google Analytics classifying the visitor.|
|_utmz||A Google Analytics cookie which tracks where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keywords used, and where in the world the site was accessed from.|
|PREF, NID||This cookie is set by Google Maps when you load a map of our location|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||Google Analytics Tracking|
|Compliance Cookie||Required for compliance|
|devicePixelRatio||Defines pixel ratio|
|WordPress||wp-settings, wp-settings-time-||This is a cookie is to verify if you are logged into the website or not.|
|wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in||WordPress cookie for a logged in user.|
|comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url||When you enter a comment on this site you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email and website address.|
|WooCommerce||woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart||These two cookies store information about the cart/basaket as a whole and help track data changes in WooCommerce. No personal information is stored within this cookie.|
|wp_woocommerce_session_||This unique user session cookie pairs the user with their cart/basket contents stored on the database. No personal information is stored within this cookie.|
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google. If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many antispyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. As mentioned earlier in this page you call also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.